Hang Pygmy Exploration 2 Days 1 Night will probably be your unforgettable experience with Phong Nha’s majestic jungles. For nature lovers, especially adventurous souls, nothing excites them more than magical natural creations. And the world’s fourth-largest Pygmy Cave will give them exactly what they want.
Treat yourself to a once-in-a-lifetime journey with thrilling activities like long treks, cave discovery, rappelling, and overnight camping. The views and experiences you might get from this trip will become valuable rewards for your life!
- Paradise Cave And Mooc Spring Tour – 55 USD/person
- Elephant Cave And Ma Da Valley Jungle Trek 1 Day – 71 USD/person
- Hung Thoong Exploration 3 Days 2 Nights – 345 USD/person
- Tiger Cave Series Adventure 3 Days 2 Nights – 532 USD/person
Besides, if you need a transfer from other cities to Phong Nha to join cave tours or visit this town, we have good private car options for you:
- Hue To Phong Nha Private Car – 103 USD/car
- Da Nang To Phong Nha Private Car Transfer – 142 USD/car
- Hoi An To Phong Nha Limousine – 320 USD/limousine
Pygmy Cave Vietnam
Hang Pygmy, also called Pygmy Cave or Pygmy Grotto, is ranked as the fourth largest cave in the world by the British Cave Research Association (BCRA). It is among the caves of Hang Ho’s (Tiger Cave) system in Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park.
Hang Pygmy Cave came into operation in early 2018. Yet, not many people have taken part in this journey because of its challenging requirements. It’s because few people dare to attend this jungle trek that it becomes more inviting for adventure seekers.
Hang Pygmy Exploration not only takes you to Hang Pygmy but also to another wonderful cave called Hang Over. You will be surprised at the magnificent caves. Pygmy Cave is 845 meters long and 94 meters deep. And Over Cave is up to 125 meters wide and 80 meters high.
Two caves used to be one large cave, but underwent a ceiling collapse, which led to the creation of two separate caves. Together, they create a unique sinkhole with huge rocks and healthy forests inside. You will fall in love with magnificent stalagmites rising from the ground and sophisticated stalactites hanging above your head.
Situated amid vast jungles, they also have a diverse ecosystem of stunning exotic plants and wild birds swinging above. This tour promises to give you the best experience of coming back to nature!
Brief Information Of Hang Pygmy Exploration
- Duration: two days and one night
- Activities: 20-km jungle trek, 4.5-km cave exploration, cave rappelling
- Adventure level: strenuous
- Minimum age: 15 years old
- Departure time: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday
- Group size: 2 to 14 people
- Departure: 08:00 (pick-up at hotels in Phong Nha)
- Tour end: 15:00 on the second day
- Price: 7,900,000 VND/pax (applied in 2023)
Hang Pygmy Exploration starts with a 20-kilometer trek through the rough terrain of Phong Nha jungles. Then you discover the Over Cave and Pygmy Cave in 4.5 kilometers. Meanwhile, you get a chance to experience swimming in underground rivers, 100-meter-high rock climbing, and camping overnight.
To ensure you have top safety during the trip, our tour guides, safety assistants, porter teams, and other service staff are always by your side. We promise to be your reliable companion so that you can enjoy the whole trip.
HANG PYGMY EXPLORATION 2 DAYS 1 NIGHT PRIVATE TOUR DETAILED ITINERARY
Day 1: Phong Nha – Over Cave – Pygmy Cave (11 kilometers)
In the morning
08:00: Our driver and tour guide pick you up at your accommodation in Phong Nha. You get to our headquarters to learn about the particular schedule of the trip and briefly go through some safety regulations, policies, and environmental protection. Also, necessary things for the trip, such as hats and shoes, are provided.
09:00: Now, your Hang Pygmy Exploration 2 days 1 night starts! From the headquarters, you have a 1-hour private car ride to 20 Quyet Thang Road. The car drops you off at the 24th kilometer, which is the starting point of the journey.
10:00: The team takes off from the main road to go trekking on a jungle trail with challenging terrain in both uphill and downhill parts. Your tour guide shows you several native plants, some of which you can take a bite of. You also learn about the culture and jungle survival skills of the local minority people.
In the afternoon
12:00: After two hours of trekking, you reach the Wind Peak (Doc Gio), where refreshing winds blow non-stop. This is a perfect place for lunch and relaxation. You eat a meal prepared by our team before continuing your trip.
12:30-14:00: From Wind Peak, your team walks downhill and through some small slopes to Eel Slope (Doc Luon), which is rather steep and slippery. You take a short break here before heading Over Cave.
14:30: You reach the entrance to Hang Over Cave. Everything gets ready for the cave exploration. You first see a long and narrow shaft with many big and beautiful cave formations. Then a huge grotto called Massive Attack appears in front of you, with stunning speleothems and gorgeous pools. Your tour guide chooses a suitable place for snacks, sightseeing, and photo taking.
16:00: You get out of Hang Over and reach the collapse, also called a sinkhole, separating Hang Over and Hang Pygmy. Your team does a short rock climb up this collapse and a 10-meter abseil down the collapse. Mind you, our team always makes sure you are well-equipped and go down the place safely.
17:00: After a short walk, your team reaches the massive entrance of Hang Pygmy Cave. This is your campsite, where you can enjoy the view from the huge mouth of Pygmy Cave. You can explore this cave while the porter team sets up camps and prepares a Vietnamese meal for dinner.
In the evening
18:30-21:00: It’s time for dinner, relaxation, and chitchat. You will love to enjoy the night view outside the cave’s mouth while drinking tasty Vietnamese rice wine.
Day 2: Pygmy Cave – Jungle Trek – Phong Nha (9 kilometers)
In the morning
08:00: The whole team wakes up, has breakfast, and wraps up to leave Hang Pygmy.
09:30: You start the next tough jungle trek through valleys and mountains. It’s another chance for you to challenge yourself, break your own limits, and get rewarded with majestic views of nature.
10:30: By then, you get to a steep and slippery slope called Grass Slope (Doc Co), which takes very much energy. If it rains, you can see some beautiful waterfalls on the way.
In the afternoon
12:00: After the tiring hike, you stop on the way to eat a small lunch. Then you continue the jungle trek back to 20 Quyet Thang Road.
14:00: You finally reach the ending point and treat yourself to refreshing drinks. Then the car comes to transfer you back to the headquarters.
15:00: You clean up at the headquarters and finish your Hang Pygmy Exploration 2 Days 1 Night!
Safety And Camping Equipment
- Safety equipment: harnesses, ropes, lifelines, helmets, headlights, life jackets, and gloves
- Camping gear: double-shared or single tent, sleeping bag, air mattress, and pillow
- Camping lights are available if you need them.
- You can borrow our shoes for free (sizes 36 to 45), but we suggest you bring your own in case our shoes don’t fit you.
- Free-to-use towels
- Mineral water (for you and the porter team to drink along the way)
What Should You Bring For Hang Pygmy Exploration 2 Days 1 Night?
- Long and easily-dry clothes
- A set of pajamas if you want to change clothes when sleeping
- Trekking boots/shoes in case our shoes do not fit you
- Some pairs of socks (you will need to change many of them)
- Sandals or flip-flops to walk around the campsite
- Waterproof bag, a backup charger, and batteries for your phone and camera
- Hats, glasses, suncream, bug sprays, toothbrushes, and toothpaste