Elephant Cave & Ma Da Valley Jungle Trek 1 Day private tour is perfect for those whose hearts and souls are into the majesty of nature! You don’t need to be muscular or have extensive hiking experience to join this tour. Vietnam Vacation Travel provides a jungle trek day tour at an easier level for you.
Also, if you’re looking for something more challenging, check out our Phong Nha cave tours as follows:
- Hang Pygmy Exploration – 336 USD/ pax.
- Hung Thoong Exploration – 425 USD/ pax.
- Tiger Cave Series Adventure – 532 USD/ pax.
And, if you want a transfer service to Phong Nha Vietnam, you can consider booking our:
- Hue to Phong Nha private car – 95 USD/ Sedan car.
- Da Nang to Phong Nha private car – 142 USD/ Sedan car.
- Hue To Hoi An Limousine – 182 USD/ Limousine.
- Hoi An To Phong Nha Limousine – 362 USD/ Limousine.
- Forest hiking: 9km
- Cave swimming: 600m (optional)
- Physical level: Medium
- Minimum age: 9 years old
ELEPHANT CAVE & MA DA VALLEY JUNGLE TREK 1 DAY TOUR
You will start your journey by going on a ride with Vietnam Vacation Travel‘s private car. Our driver will pick you up at your place in Phong Nha and transfer you to the administration headquarters.
Here, a tour guide and safety assistants are arranged for you. Then they will carefully inform you of the delegation, route schedule, regulations, and recommendations for safety and environmental protection. Also, you will be equipped with the necessary things for the trip.
After that, along 20 Quyet Thang Road and the legendary Ho Chi Minh Road, the driver will take all of you to the starting spot in the jungle. As you know, the Elephant Cave Phong Nha is situated amidst the jungle of Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park.
Trekking To Elephant Cave
It takes you 20 minutes of trekking from the starting point to the Elephant Cave entrance. Despite being quite short, the trek route is pretty tough due to steep slopes and bumpy rocks.
Yet, when you reach the cave, you will be rewarded. The marvelous cave appears in front of your eyes with a height of 60m and a length of 300m. Plus, the unique combination of green vegetation and huge rocks will impress you.
During the Elephant Cave exploration, our tour guide will always accompany you. Also, as you go deeper inside, the guide will gradually provide historical stories about the Elephant Cave Vietnam and its formations.
Explore Ma Da Valley
Following your Elephant Cave discovery, your exploration team will head to Ma Da Valley. For about an hour, through the jungle, across streams, and over a canyon bridge, you will stop by the Crystal Ma Da Lake.
You can immerse yourself in the turquoise crystal lake and cool down with the refreshing water. Meanwhile, on the bank, a tasty meal prepared by our team is waiting for you. We will serve you some local dishes such as grilled chicken, grilled pork, rice, and tofu. Also, a vegetarian menu is provided if you request it.
Swimming At Tra Ang Cave
After being energized by the lunch and relaxation at Ma Da Lake, you will pass some more kilometers to reach your final destination, Tra Ang Cave. Here, you will experience swimming in a dark cave with headlights and safety equipment.
At a distance of 600m, you will enjoy thrilling swimming in the silence of the dark cave. With a quite low water level and two-sided limestone rocks, you can stop to take a break whenever you want.
After Tra Ang Cave, the team will lead you back to the trail. Soon, you will meet your driver and start turning back to your place in Phong Nha. We ensure the driver transfers you back home safely.
Vietnam Vacation Travel team always wants the best journey for our customers. It’s a big pleasure to welcome you to Elephant Cave & Ma Da Valley Jungle Trek Tour!
Elephant Cave and Ma Da Valley Jungle Trek Itinerary
- 8:00 am: Get picked up at your location in Phong Nha. Then our guide and private car driver take you to the headquarters.
- 8:30 am: We inform you of the schedule, regulations, and recommendations for safety and environmental protection.
- 9:30 am: The driver takes you to Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park, Vietnam.
- 10:00 am: Arrive at the starting point of your Elephant Cave & Ma Da Valley Jungle Trek Tour.
- 10:00 – 11:00 am: Go on a trek to discover Elephant Cave. Then continue to walk across the jungle to reach Mada Valley.
- 12:00 pm: Arrive at Ma Da Lake. It’s time to relax and swim.
- 12:45 pm: BBQ lunch is ready at the bank of Ma Da Lake for you to enjoy.
- 2:00 pm: Continue hiking uphill through Tra Ang Valley.
- 3:00 pm: Reach Tra Ang Cave and get prepared to explore Tra Ang Cave.
- 3:45 pm: Explore Tra Ang Cave by swimming 600m in the cave water.
- 4:30 pm: Complete your Tra Ang Cave exploration and take a trek to 20 Quyet Thang Street.
- 5:00 pm: Arrive at 20 Quyet Thang Street and enjoy a cold drink.
- 5:30 pm: Finally, our private car driver and tour guide drive you back to Phong Nha.
What To Bring For Elephant Cave & Ma Da Valley Jungle Trek Tour?
- Clothes with long pants and sleeves to avoid poisonous ivy and insects
- Long socks
- Small backpack
- Waterproof bag (optional)
- Shoes (optional, shoes are available for you to lend)
- Hats, sunglasses, insect repellent, and sunscreen.